Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index LMS Website Leongatha Medieval Society

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best method for making a coat of plates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Arms, Armour & Combat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Jones

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Best method for making a coat of plates? Reply with quote

I have cut a piece of vinyl to size so that is would cover my torso and then have a bit more going down to about my knees, and i was thinking of making it in quite the same style of a coat of plates in a game called mount and blade, https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsqoqc6nBbKhHxK06qopgigqHJcmYby4egdFowrg2fnp40r_-10w[/img] though it wouldn't be anywhere near as fancy and there wouldn't be maille protecting the side, as that would be just elastic to hold it together and i would be using aluminium instead of steel for the plates. i was wondering the best way to connect the aluminium and vinyl as well as if there is a better design for me to do. Question
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im right in the middle of putting one together. based off a AD1350 one. it should be done by xmass. Ill post the photos when its done. if you want pm me for details or some help. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Arms, Armour & Combat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: