Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index LMS Website Leongatha Medieval Society

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timeline meeting and Display Practice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silverlady

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Timeline meeting and Display Practice. Reply with quote

Full attendance for the 29th September, 2013 is required by all archers wanting to attend Timeline 2013. (Geelong area exempted). We will be going through a running schedule of the archery display to be demonstrated at Timeline.
Anyone whom can not attend needs to PM Robert - Vintenar. You need to include your email address, your user name on the forum if it is not your real name, a contact phone number and brief specifications of your 14th century archers kit, your bow and arrows.
As this is a period correct event for us we need to be as near to our era as possible. Robert will help advise you on the topic and offer what ever help we can in order for everyone attending to fit the bill.
On the 29th September we will also have a brief meeting about all things Timeline. We look forward to seeing you there, LMS Committee.
Neil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we going to be wearing kit as a full dress rehearsal
Would be a great way of working out what people may need Very Happy Very Happy

My 2 bobs worth Cool

"Fortune Favors the Bold"
Robert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the way neil, looking forward to seeing you guys at the next shoot.
Silverlady

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Full archers kit. Reply with quote

Hey Neil,

'Yes' to full archer's kit on the 29th. You don't have to wear it but to show what you have to wear is OK. Either will be good. I will be taking happy snaps on the day to put an advertising booklet on our Static display table.

The idea is for people to look at a still shot of what our archery display will feature in hope that people will then follow over to our archery display area to watch. Ie. Little Johnny likes the picture of a male archer letting one loose at plate armour and says to his mum, " If I don't see that live display at 12:30pm I won't bath for the rest of the year!"

On the 29th we will do our Kings Round as per usual and then go through what our archery display will involve. Following that we will have a Q & A about Timeline.

Many thanks, Silverlady
Silverlady

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Geelong are members of LMS Reply with quote

After we rehearse our Timeline archery I will be sending off a running sheet to members that will be joining us at Timeline that will not be able to attend on Sunday 29th, 2013 archery at Coal Creek.

These people will include:

Mark and Jacquie Symons
Dave Kent
Chris Moore
Brendan Abernathy
Kelly Headford ( guest archer )

If I have left anyone off this listing I firstly apologies and secondly ask that you respond here or PM Silverlady ASAP.

Important note: if anyone intends to bringing a spouse, partner, friend or child/children, can you please contact me ASAP. As the LMS Tent will be in the encampment area for Timeline it is paramount that every one is a current LMS member that is on our ALHF group listing or has some other club membership that has Public Liability coverage. We must, as per person, have identification of such coverage.
I personally and strongly advise that everyone photocopies their card and takes both card and photocopy to the event.
ALHF cards will be distributed at your archery meets, Leongatha and Geelong areas, and if you have not been given or received one by the 29th of September, can you please also PM Silverlady ASAP.
(include a postal address as to have it sent to you.)

Many thanks, Silverlady.
Tris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember that we are also being asked to help out with Pirate day so anyone who can rock the 17th century look from 10am till shootoff the help would be a great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Meetings All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: