Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index LMS Website Leongatha Medieval Society

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yarram Tarra Festival

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: yarram Tarra Festival Reply with quote

Hi to all, my contacts from yarram have asked if any club members would be interested in attending the Tarra Festival over the Easter weekend. The festival runs for 4 days starting on thursday 2nd of april thru to sunday 5th of april. At this stage saturday4th april seems the best date for any of us to do a gig. If saturday 4th suits any members please feel free to contact/pm me. If we can get some numbers in the next week ill inform the committee and start locking things in. At this stage its about who is free and wants to help. This is not a payed event. Options for selling items are available and encouraged, a static dissplay weather it be the trade tent or even just members roving around are also encouraged. Please pm me if you have ideas and want to help. You have a week to pm me. Cheers rob

Last edited by Robert on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, as numbers are low for participating in this event i have advised the tarra festival committee that only a roving dissplay can be provided. This means softkit or hard kit. Just roving, no combat or archery. Options for a dissplay tent or the selling of merchandise are still on going should any member wish to participate. If your interested and can spare a few hours please pm or contact me. Cheers rob
Silverlady

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject: Yep, roving is good. Reply with quote

As I responded on the 3rd, I am good for this event and happy to rove out my new outfit.

I have spoken to the organisers and the days events will pan out as follows.

EVENT DATE: 4TH MARCH, SATURDAY.

1. Entertainers need to be there around 8:45am - 10amat the latest to muster at the top end of Commercial Rd (the end near the Hospital) and check in to acknowledge you are there and what for. The Marshall Point.

2. The street Rove takes place then for 2hrs in the main street. You are not required for all of this but need to check in around the 10am at the Marshall Point, as above, if you wish to take part in the Street Parade.
I have to say there is some really interesting things to see at the festival and as much as you rove you will be entertained.

3. The Street Parade. Yep, you need to check in for this and everyone in any of their Medieval gear or otherwise is welcome. It starts at 11am sharp and will be an hour walk/stroll.

This years theme is, 'From old stories to New Beginnings'. This pretty much covers any part of history that interests you or was influential on you. So if the history of Easter Bonnets is your thing, then bunny on along with an Easter Bonnet. However, if Betty Boo, Marilyn Monroe, Neil Armstrong or any other scope of music, art or point of culture interests you, then please feel free to 'cosi it up'. Anything and Everything goes.

It would have been great to see a whole Medieval Group strut their stuff but at this point the organisers are happy for whom ever can attend and in what ever the desire.

The last point of information I have gained is that at the end of the Street Parade everyone is encouraged to venture over onto the Recreation Oval to be delighted with stalls and entertainment.
Further details can be sort from www.tarrafestival.com.au

Cheers, Silverlady.
Silverlady

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Twas a fun day of adventure. Reply with quote

Hey Folks,

I went to this gig with no expectations and had a really great time. I had to ditch my medieval garb at the last minute and opted for a modern spin on Amelia Earhart. Yep, she is a great inspiration to all and is worth a read of her life, her career and her outlook on life in general. I did bag a $50 fuel prize for my costume.
The street parade was really fun and although I was the only aviator female on the runway, I was super impressed with those that recognised my out fit. Was also good to see Rob and Ayla, although not in the parade itself, sporting medieval outfits of historical and fantasy that also gained them $25 cash cards to the local Discount Shop.
The weather was fantastic and it was fun all round to see parts of the town and it's history. The festival was really well organised and offered plenty of fun.

Cheers, Silverlady.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: