Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index LMS Website Leongatha Medieval Society

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Knight...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady of Elfsong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: The Dark Knight... Reply with quote

yeh,,, going Wednesday guys,, can't wait...
Lady of Elfsong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Wow what a movie, ! A MUST SEE, and Heath Ledgers performance...
incredible... that mans potential was unlimited ,, it still grieves me to think he's gone...such a lost talent.
GO, SEE IT !!
gehndo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defiantly worth a see.
I do think it was over-rated though. However, that is typical of movies these days.
I know I'll catch a lot of flak for this, but I don't think Heath's acting was as spectacular as it's being made out. It probably was the best work of his career, but his career was still fairly young. It was a difficult and unusual role to play, and he did it well, but he didn't seem to bring anything personal to the role. Jack Nicholson's Joker was brilliant because it was Jack Nicholson's Joker. In The Dark Knight it's less Heath Ledger's Joker than Heath Ledger playing Christopher Nolan's Joker. Like I've already said, he still did the job well, I just don't think it was as revolutionary as it's being made out.
Don't let that dissuade anyone from going a checking it out. I saw the movie on Wednesday, and like it's predecessor Batman Begins it's taking a while to grow on me. I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the next instalment.
There were a few other beefs I had with the film - nothing spectacular, just things I thought would have been better if done a little different - however many relate to spoilers, and I won't go into them here.

So, quite simply, see it. Despite the elements that I didn't like I still think it's a great representation of Batman on screen and will continue to provide great Batman experiences - and certainly better than many other comic-book movies we've been exposed to.
And hope you don't have a guy behind you commenting during all the pivotal moments like I had. There should be a law against that.
Lord Thordin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY S#@T! F-cking awesome. Compared to the absolute sh-t that's been out lately, this movie screams "watch me!"

As far as I'm concerned, if Heath had just come out, done his mega ultra kickass super fantastic 'pencil dissapearing magic trick' (go see the movie and you'll know what I'm talking about) and then the credits rolled I STILL would of been happy.

Yeah, a few things could of been done better, but what movie has ever escaped that claim?

30 kickasses out of 10 just for the magic trick that I didn't see comming!!!
Bunyip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this movie! I don’t bother with many these days because they are doodie.

I was expecting it to be a “Big” anticlimax with all of the hype about Heath Ledger. I was wrong in my view Heath Ledger took the Joker and made it his own, Jack Nicolson was definitely out shone in my view.

What a bloody shame such a young talent was snuffed out, after seeing this I think there was no limit for Heath except his own mortality perhaps. See it and make up your own mind but I loved it.
The Southern Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: 8 Reply with quote

I give it 8 out of 10. Quite non-hollywood in many ways. I would have edited 20 minutes out of it though.

Wild yet True
Nick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I found it a bit bum-numbing towards the end, and I agree with the Southern Fox that a judicious trim would have kept the pacing up. All in all a lot of stuff going on, awesome editing in the action set pieces and no weak links in the acting. Also the first Batman movie to really nail the Joker character.
For never two such kingdoms did contend
Without much fall of blood"

King Henry V, Act I, Scene II
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: