Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index LMS Website Leongatha Medieval Society

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robin Hooded....Photos Added

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Traditional Archery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Robin Hooded....Photos Added Reply with quote

Was having a bit of archery practice today shooting in a new string I made for my ELB My grouping was getting tighter and tighter
and yep the worst thing happened.

I robin hooded one of my medieval arrows ... NOT HAPPY JAN
Time to order more shafts me thinks Very Happy

"Fortune Favors the Bold"

Last edited by Neil on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Silverlady

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: at least you destroyed an arrow in style! Reply with quote

Hey Neil, I can see the bother in destroying an arrow and having to make more, but at least you did it in style. I tend to have shot most of my own to pieces when working with a noodle and splicing most of them in half sideways but never have done it Robin Hood style. I can see however that had you bulls-eyed it first and then Robin Hooded it that we would have seen the glory in it. Hope that you, Donna and family have had a good NYE and I look forward to seeing you next Sunday (6th) for clout. Cheers, Barb.
Robert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugger, that always sucks neil, Id still save the arrow, if your a 30 inch draw you could just cut the knock out, lower the feathers and give it to your wife? I tend to turn my arrows like that one ( if the split is short) into hunting arrows for the lady or friends. BAd luck tho mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Traditional Archery All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: