Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index LMS Website Leongatha Medieval Society

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A day with the Shire horses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silverlady

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: A day with the Shire horses. Reply with quote

I thought I would treat Robbie to a day out with his favourite creatures...horses. So I looked up Terry and John whom I had met some years back at Foster for an LMS event where they allowed us to incorporate their two female Shire horses in a display.
It is a story in itself as to how I, with some help from Monique at South Gippsland Tourism, re-connected with Terry and John. So I will skip to the day we got there and come back to the amazing trail that got us there.

Terry and John allowed me and Robbie to visit there home and share time with their family of Shire horses and Miniature horses. We had an amazing time and were so grateful for their enthusiasm in sharing information about these great creatures.

This is Queenie, 6 years old.
[img][/img]
[img]
[/img]
This is Queenie's hot boyfriend, Beau 4 years old.
[img]
[/img]
[img]
[/img]
This is a mare and foal Shire horse.
[img]
[/img]

And then we met the miniature horses.....
[img]
[/img].

[/img]
Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge is all you can say really.
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge is a good start but then you need to go with awesome,kick arse, powerfull ect ect, Beau is only 4 years old and comes in at 1.2 ton, he will still grow bigger Cool . As soon as you stand near these awesome horses you can tell right away that they have been bred for war Twisted Evil . just so powerfull. Both horses are very gentle but one miss placed hove and all your toes and foot gets crushed. The fences holding them in are very very large and made of extra strong timber, im told that if they really want to they can just push it over like lego Surprised . Its all about power and strengh.
didoriad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous, wish Id been there
Donna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh they are such beautiful BIG babies Very Happy I'm sure their size would of been very intimidating on the battlefield. Looks like you both had a wonderful time. Smile

"To Preserve A Calm Mind"
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intimidating is the key word here, they are just so much bigger than other breeds, the foal is realy beautiful only her mum does not know us so there was no way barb and i would go over the fence. note how barb has carrets in her hand, these are used to bribe the great beast. they realy seem like gentle giants and id say for the most part they are. However, like all horses they can be unpridictable to people who dont understand the animal and such a huge horse needs to be treated with total respect. great day tho and id love to ride one, just a simple trot...... and then maybe a gallop.......... followed by a full blown CHARGE Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: