Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index LMS Website Leongatha Medieval Society

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troll Bridge Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: We need help! Reply with quote

Hi All,

The director and producer are bitting at my heals wanting me to confirm numbers.

I am not sure if I have enough warriors to do the shoot.

So far only Paul and Damian are coming.

What about the rest of you?

Regards,

Sven.
Sven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Report from the Fight Director Reply with quote

Greetings one and all,

Wow! What a shoot!

The director and crew a very happy with all the footage shot over the weekend and we did it ahead of schedule, which is attributed to the professionalism of the army, and the cast and crew. With three cameras and two sound mics there is mega amounts of footage to go through, I wish them luck.

Some of the material will be previewed at the Terry Prachett Convention in Melbourne this coming weekend.

This is the biggest and most epic short film of this genre shot in Australia to this date and will make people sit up and gasp at the scope, visual presentation and audacity of such project. And who knows where the future lies for all of those involved.

On behalf of Sven's Army I would like to thank the director Daniel Knight and the producer Ahren Morris, and all the cast and crew for the opportunity, their friendship and cooperation in making this film happen. Also thanks to the catering girls and Steve and Erin on the production team. Good luck with filming the actual story.

I did recieve a couple of appologies due to injury and illness but I was disappointed that those that had confirmed that they were coming and did not make it did not let me know.

A big thankyou to:

Johnathon Lyons for doing a tremendous job on the fight choregraphy;

All the members of Sven's army that did turn up and participated. Especially Mike (NVG - Miklagard (Sydney) and Jo and Mark (NVG - Handakas (Adelaide) for coming so far;

The following groups for providing troops: NVG Inc (various branches), Jomsvikings, The White Company, LMS, Frojel Gotlandica, Harold's Huscarls and Latrobe;

Neville of Frojel Gotlandica for providing his landrover for transport of gear and personal from the base camp to the set, without his help we would not have had the same level of energy on set; and

The Blue and the Grey for the use of their thunderbox.

Special mentions and thanks to:

Ashely (Latrobe) - the blood soaked;

Josh (Jomsvikings) - stabbed to death by Cohen;

The others killed by Cohen repeatedly in the blood soaked carnage;

The faux arrow team;

The archers; and

And the members of the cast and crew who donned armour and got splatted with blood at the end to help with numbers (Brendan, Troy "Rincewind" Larkin and Ahren "Screaming Man" Morris.

Injuries reported;

- Sprained fingers,

- Migraine,

- Concussion from hitting head on rock.

Lost and found

Found:

Viking Sword;

Short Spear;

Gloves

Shield

Sound boom (extendable)

Axe (Sven's from last shoot, slightly rusty).

Thats all for now,

Bye for now,

Sven

(the very tired and sore and off to another film shoot next weekend, I must be MMMMAAAAADDDDDD!!!!!)

Contact me if you want to be in a combat at Whittlesea the day after James Stallards event.
Polehammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame more of us couldnt have made it up, there were just Paul Stoops and I and i think 2 of the Bgees Embarassed It was a lot of fun, the catering was excellent and there was heaps more blood and death. Cheers Sven and guys, im looking forward to seeing it, if the post production stills are anything to go by its going to be wicked!!!

Sven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the names of the two BGers?

I need to make sure that they get credits.

S.
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven,

The two BGs are Dave Kent (aka Frodo's Lovechild) and Tim Gooden.

Tim is already on the credits from last time but my name was left off

Cheers,
Dave
Sven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.

I will be sending out a credit list for checking later.

Sven.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Leongatha Medieval Society Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: